#1 J Karim

J Karim

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:38 AM

I was greeted this evening by my neighbors who were so kind to bring "our" boxer home. Unfortunately she is not one of ours. In our neighborhood we are known as the "Boxer People".

So this very friendly, well kept brindle girl, approx 2-4 years old is without collar, tags, and I cannot feel a microchip. I took her for a walk through the neighborhood, didn't see anyone looking for her, rang a few doorbells, and no one recognized her.

She is now in a crate for the night. Come tomorrow what shall I do? Photos, flyers, where should I post them? How long before she can go to a new home if I can find one for her?

Pics will be taken tomorrow, she is a sweet sweet girl. Looks like she just jumped from someones couch and wandered away from home.

Edited by J Karim, 26 October 2010 - 02:39 AM.

#2 Mom2Rocky

Mom2Rocky

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:50 AM

Awww.. Glad you took her in! I would take her to a local vet so they can scan for a microchip.. Maybe call animal control and let them know have her and leave your info incase someone may be looking.. Check craiglist for "Lost" listings.

However, when posting flyers or "found" ads I would not post a photo... Make them describe her and identify her before giving out any info.

I hope her owners are good ones... and are looking for her.

#3 whitedaisy

whitedaisy

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:50 AM

Maybe call the local Vets to let them know you have her, and maybe someone called them?? Also you can post on Craigslist but don't give too much info, let them identify the girl.
I hope she finds her home. Poor thing, I bet someone is very worried!!

#4 2wildboxers

2wildboxers

Boxer Nut

• BF Booster Club
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:09 AM

I'd take her to your local vet's and let them scan her. That's what I did last week when I found Maggie. She didn't have a chip, but they recognized her, and contacted her previous owner. If you are capable, I would try to hang on to her for a week and see if anybody puts an ad in the paper or puts up "lost" fliers. You could put a "found" ad in the paper but without a description. Just maybe state that if someone has lost a boxer please call your number and describe the boxer that was lost. That way, nobody can just fake it being their dog. After a week or two, if you can find a home, go for it. I can't wait to see pictures!

#5 J Karim

J Karim

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:13 AM

Thank you, I'll get on that in the morning. I never thought about not posting her photo, she is so pretty anyone would claim that she was theirs. I'll just post "Found" fliers, and take her to the vet in the morning, and call the surrounding vets and animal control. I'll share photos tomorrow and keep you all posted. Our gang can tell that there is a visitor nearby.:-)

#6 Boxer_Mom

Boxer_Mom

Boxer Nut

• BF Booster Club
  • 6,170 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:40 AM

I'm so glad she was lost near you..she will have a good chance at being found or being placed in a good home..can't wait to see her pics..so glad you have her.

#7 gotlucky

gotlucky

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

If I lost my dog, the first place I would call is the local pound/animal control. Definitely check for a microchip, and local vets. What a drag, I hope she's chipped!

#8 christineorr

christineorr

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Indiana

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

You can also try some local yahoo rescue groups -- the word gets out to ALL the animal people that way! :) And lots of times the lost posts end up there, too... Hopefully you get lucky. What a lucky girl to have found her way to you, though... at least she's in good hands :)

Edited by christineorr, 26 October 2010 - 06:05 AM.

#9 Barbs2Ks

Barbs2Ks

Administrators

• Administrators
  • 2,230 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

Can't add to everyone's advice just hope she has a good home and they are looking for her.

#10 J Karim

J Karim

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Here is the girl we found, she looks like she is 3-5 years old. A very loving dog. No luck on owners today, will get her to the vets this pm. for microchip scan.

Edited by J Karim, 26 October 2010 - 11:08 PM.

#11 2wildboxers

2wildboxers

Boxer Nut

• BF Booster Club
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

What a pretty little girl! I hope the owners are looking for her...if they are good owners! If not, I hope she finds a home!

#12 Bob_Loblaw

Bob_Loblaw

Egghead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, CA

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

I'm glad you're going the extra mile to get her back home.

Wow- look at those eyes.... she's the most serious looking boxer ever!

#13 J Karim

J Karim

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

The family asked if they could name her...No Way!, lol. No chip, We'll see what comes from the flyers. She is loving the raw diet, it took her a second to figure out it was to eat and not to play with.

#14 bxrluv

bxrluv

Boxer Nut

• Moderators
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

If they name her, you're sunk!!!

Glad you are trying to help this pretty girl out! Good Luck!

#15 Lexi & Kahlua

Lexi & Kahlua

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Oh she is just gorgeous! I am in love <3 Hope whereever she winds up that she is in a good loving home.

#16 Eurobox

Eurobox

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:01 AM

Wow, look at her eyes! She is stunning. I hope her owners are looking for her. Thank you for helping her!!

#17 whitedaisy

whitedaisy

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

What a unique look!!! I bet she does LOVE the raw diet!! I hope you find her home, or a great home, soon!

#18 Rubidawg

Rubidawg

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

Wow!!! Whatta sweet lookin girl. I sure hope someone is looking for her! Good for you for taking the time to search and bring her in. Someone's gotta be missin that gal.

#19 shel88

shel88

Boxer Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:21 AM

Awh she is so pretty! How can anyone not be looking for her?! Good luck with finding her home!! :)

#20 cl2ysta1

cl2ysta1

Junior Boxer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationCedar City, Utah

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

You should call all local vets and see if they recognizer her.. also taker her to yours and get her scanned...

call all shelters in your area and let them know you have her in case their owners call there looking for her (DO NOT take her to the shelter though. tell them you'd be more than happy to keep her in your home until the owners is found)

Post ads on craigslist and in the neighborhood and just say adult female boxer found.. like the rest said make sure they can describe her to you in color.. in color of collar.. any markings and make them bring you a photo of her if they say she is theirs.

legally shelters only have to hold dogs (in most states) for three days before they become their property so i'd say give it a week. if nothing start searching for a new home for her.. and make sure you have all the info on the new home in case the original owners show up after

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users